Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Science Geek Alert!

Okay, time for my inner science geek to peek out a little.  :)  When I am holding these precious babies, it amazes me to think they are made of millions of tiny little cells, and each little cell has it's own important job.  The cells communicate with each other, and each one carries out hundreds of important functions every single day.  And even more amazing to me, each cell has a meter worth of DNA wound up in it, and all that DNA says "this is Kennedy" or "this is Graham."  I teach this to my students every year, and it's so cool to think of all the things that are happening in our bodies, but the MOST amazing thing to me of ALL is that- WE MADE THEM!  My DNA and Tim's DNA combined in such a unique and special way to make these wonderful little people that are so beautiful and perfect.  Ahhh, God is good.




1 comment:

  1. Aww I have never thought of it that way but you are right. So much of each mommy and daddy make our babies who they are. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete