Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

It's the Little Things

Dear Kennedy and Graham,
It all the little things about you that make me love you so much:

I love the way your eyelashes flutter in your sleep.
I love the way you smile at me- a huge, gummy smile that lights up your whole face.
I love how patient you are with me.
I love rocking you to sleep, holding your precious body in my arms.
I love the smell of your forehead after you get a bath- that new baby smell that I just can't get enough of!
I love your tiny ears.
I love listening to you breathe while you sleep.
I love your pudgy hands, the little dimples where your knuckles are.
I love how you rest your head on my chest, so content for the moment.
I love how when I hold you, your little fingers flutter over my skin like little butterflies.
I love when you yawn and your little lips make an "0"
I love to tickle your little belly.
I love your chubby cheeks and could kiss them a million times.
I love hearing you coo at Daddy and me- when you do that all is right in the world because you are happy.
I love kissing your little toes, they are so perfect!
I love watching you sleep, taking your little baby breaths and sighing so contentedly.

And for so many other reasons, you are the light of my world. It's amazing in such a little time I have fallen head over heels for you. I can't wait for you to get bigger and to meet the amazing people you will become, but I am loving the time I have with you when you are so little and need me so much.

Love you so much,
Mommy

1 comment: