Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm in LOVE with our Pediatric GI!

Okay, keep your fingers crossed. Since Friday Graham has seemed to be better during bottle time...

Our visit to the Ped GI was fantastic. When he walked in the office, he told me to take it from the beginning. He asked me questions, and let me ask him questions, too. I was honest with him and said he was our second opinion because I wasn't satisfied with the first. I love that he talked to me like an intelligent human and talked about medical studies in regard to reflux and babies. He told me it sounded like we were waging a full out war on Graham's reflux- of course we are! My baby is hurting and we need to fix it. So after explaining our full barrage, he made a few changes. Instead of giving him his medicine right before his bottle, which is what we had been doing per the first dr's instructions, we are giving them an hour or so before his bottle. The GI said the meds need time to work and shut down the pumps that produce the acid (okay, the science geek in me totally loves this explanation!). Another reason I love him is that he wants to wait to make sure this isn't the problem before he does a ton of tests on G AND he wants to do a follow up visit. The other GI didn't bother with a follow up...

So with bated breath, we have been making the changes and praying they work. I have about everything crossed that you can think of. He still gets fussy, but after all he is a baby!

And Kennedy continues to be my patient, sweet baby girl. She waits while I feed Graham and just looks at me with her beautiful brown eyes and adorable little smile, chubby cheeks you could kiss on all day. Sometimes she sticks her tongue out like she's teasing me, until it's her turn to eat. :)

3 comments:

  1. TIM AND HEATHER, WE KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT WITH YOUR LOVING BABIES. WE PRAY THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR GRAHAM. GRAHAM AND KENNEDY ARE SO CUTE AND ADORABLE. IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL BE 3 MONTHS OLD WED. JUNE 9.
    LOVE,
    GRANDPA GLENN AND GRANDMA DIANE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh GREAT! I'm so glad that you were so pleased with your Dr. and most importantly that Graham seems to be improving. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it only continues to improve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine the struggle you are having. I am glad to hear you are more informed and that you have a doctor that acts like he cares!

    ReplyDelete