Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Shots, Shots, Shots!

One of the first shots I took, Lupron, was to supress my pituitary glands from secreting hormones. Luetenizing hormones and follicle stimulating hormones are both produced in the pituitary gland, so in order to manipulate my ovaries to do what we need them to for the harvesting process of IVF we supressed the pituitary gland and then I'm starting shots that will provide my body with extra hormones.

Last night I started another shot, called Menopur. This one is a leutenizing hormone, which in females will stimulate the ovaries to produce mature follicles. The last shot I started (which I'm still taking) was to make my ovaries produce a lot of follicles. So these two hormones working together should make me have a lot of mature, healthy follicles, which hold the eggs.

On Tuesday I will go in for my ultrasound, where the doctor will determine when he thinks I will be ready to harvest the eggs. I feel like a chicken! Shake a tail feather :)

1 comment:

  1. When you went from a post about brewing beer to one called "Shots, Shots, Shots" I thought you were going to talk about taking shots (of liquor!). You're doing a brave thing taking all of those shots. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete