Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Couch Potato!

I have been on bedrest since Thursday morning because... we got the embyro's transferred!



Here are the pictures of the blastulas that were transferred. Isn't it amazing how perfectly round and similar they are? They are beautiful! I've been doing my best to keep as flat as possible to give them a chance to attach, so they can grow.

Apparently we already have so much to be thankful for. I've been on a forum for other women who have been on the same cycle as I have with the clinic we chose, and we have been very lucky, to say the least. We had 22 eggs retrieved and 13-14 fertilized, but a lot of women don't have many eggs or they don't have a good number fertilze. One woman had 2 fertilized but neither of them made it to blastula stage. My heart was broken for her, but still trying to stay positive and upbeat for us. The blastulas we didn't use are going to be frozen for the future.

In the meantime, it's been hard to stay so still! It's funny that there are some days we just wish for time to sit and relax and don't get it. When we have to, it's not as much fun! Oh well, we got lots of good movies and books and I have my laptop :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have known someone actually going through with this sort of procedure. And YES, they are beautiful! I am praying hard for you. When do you find out if they implant?! Hope you're caught up on your movies now. Sheesh, bedrest since thursday. Once you're chasing around a little one you will only WISH you could be put on bedrest! hehe.
    ~Marykate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations! I pray they snuggle in tight!

    ReplyDelete