Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Missing Grandma

Today and yesterday I have been especially missing my Grandma Betty. I've had lots of exciting things to tell her, lots of frustrations, and some worries. She was always really good at listening and giving advice, or just being there when I needed her. We'd chat multiple times a week, and it's still so hard not to pick up the phone to call her. I guess I am feeling even more sad since I've started my shots and we've really started the IVF process. She really wanted to be a great-grandma and I was looking forward to sharing being pregnant and then our babies with her.

I saw a butterfly today in my garden, and thought "Hello Grandma, I love you too!" I know it was her way of saying she was thinking of us. And at church today they sang a song that kept running through my head during her last week of life...

I know she's in a much better place, but I can't help but weep for the holes that are left in our lives. I miss her so much.

I love you, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment