Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Summer of Pinterest

Okay, so it's no secret that I'm addicted to Pinterest.  If you by chance follow my boards you know that I have a ridiculous amount of pins.  From crafting and DIY, to delicious recipes, stuff for kids and stuff for my classroom.  "Hello, my name is Heather and I'm a pinaholic..."  Well, admitting it is the first step, right?  And if you aren't on Pinterest, you are totally missing out!  You need to stop reading this blog right now and request an invite!

Okay, now that you're logged into Pinterest and that crisis was diverted, back to the blog at hand.

So this is going to be a craft-tastic summer.  I have so many projects and ideas I have wanted to do all year, but just don't have the time for.  And now that I have turned my final grades in, I have nothing BUT time to play with my adorable children and get to my to-do list.  I promise, I'll keep you posted on all the things I do that I put my own twist on :)

So first up, I wanted to make something for dinner on this first Monday of my first full week of summer that isn't on our normal menu.  I scoured Pinterest for inspiration and decided to combine two different recipes I saw and made my own crock pot version of Buffalo Chicken Wraps.  They were such a hit, we will have to put them in our regular repertoire!  Graham even liked them, he was mad there wasn't one on his plate!

don't they just look like they'll melt in your mouth?

So here is my recipe to share with you- I hope you like it as much as we did!

Buffalo Chicken Wraps

ingredients:
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
Frank's Red Hot Sauce
8 oz cream cheese (I used Nufatchel)
Ranch seasoning
tortillas
reduced-fat cheese (optional)
cooking spray

1. Put the frozen chicken in a crock pot with 1/2 a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce.  Let it cook for 4-6 hours.  It should be so moist and tender, it will pull apart easily with a fork.  Using 2 forks, you can shred the chicken.
Return to the crock pot and add the rest of the hot sauce, the ranch seasoning and the cream cheese.  Stir, then let it sit for another 30 min- 1 hour, until it's creamy.

2. Heat the oven to 425*.  While the oven is warming up, sprinkle a little reduced-fat cheese on the tortilla.  Spread about 1/4 of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese on the tortilla (the cheese is optional- honestly the chicken is so creamy, you don't really need it!).  Roll the tortilla and place on a cookie pan.  This should make about 12-14 wraps, depending on the size of your tortilla.

3.  Spray the wraps with cooking spray, and place in the oven for 15-18 minutes, turning the wraps once during cooking.

4. Enjoy!  You can dip them in Ranch dressing and eat with some celery if you're feeling really crazy- I'll warn you, these do have some kick!


I know you're jealous.  Next time I'll let you know so you can drop by for dinner!

**I had leftover chicken stuff, so I am going to make myself a big, fat buffalo chicken sandwich tomorrow for lunch- maybe with a little ranch dressing to top it off!  Mmmmm, my mouth is watering already.

1 comment: