Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Two of a Kind Makes a Full House

On Wednesday, August 5th Tim and I went in for our first ultrasound post-embryo transfer and the doctor said everything looked great. He showed us our baby that is growing, and then he said "and here's it's neighbor!" It was so amazing to see both our babies so close together and snuggled in. So, we're expecting TWINS on April 3!


the two babies together

Baby A on the right, Baby B on the left. Our "little beans"

I'm calculated at being 6 weeks right now. At 6 weeks, the babies have 3 different layers of cells. A sac is forming that will become the heart, and it's already starting to pump blood! On the ultrasound, they look like two little black beans, but they are working hard to grow strong and healthy. Next week we go in for another ultrasound, with the hopes of hearing heartbeats in our little beans :)

I have been feeling pretty good, a little tired but overall Tim and I couldn't be more happy. The last few weeks were a little uncomfortable because I was retaining so much fluid. The fluid buildup was caused by the excessive hormones from both our little embryos, and my body couldn't handle them all. My fluid retention has gone down a lot, which is a relief since I'm starting school next week! The doctor commented on the amount of fluid build-up on the ultrasound, but wasn't too concerned. I wanted to say "Buddy, this is nothing! You should have seen me last week!" It was good to hear him say that, though.

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat! Yay for you! Enjoy it Enjoy it Enjoy it. Congrats all over!

    ~Marykate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am soooooo thrilled for Tim & you! Twins are so awesome! It will be busy, but they will bring you more joy than you ever thought you could experience!

    Welcome to the club!! :) I'm here for you if you have any questions. And I've got books if you would like to borrow some.

    Love
    Jess

    ReplyDelete