Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

2 days left- whoohoo!

I am ready to celebrate summer- only 2 school days left, and the little darlings are taking finals, so not too much else to do. The kids are as restless as I am, and driving me half crazy. My room is being used for summer school, so I have to take EVERYTHING down and pack up everththing in my room that I don't want destroyed by the middle school monsters. Ugh. I'm crossing my fingers that they destroy the lab area, so the district can't dawdle anymore about getting me new labs.

Back story on the labs- they are bright blue formica style with nasty black granite tops. The faucets are loose, so when the kids mess around with them they leak underneath. Last year I walked into my room with a mini-lake in the lab area beacuse one of the faucets had wiggled loose and flooded a corner of my room. So once that was "fixed," my room was even MORE moldy than it had been before. There was an article in the local paper about the labs in the science rooms, more specifically the room next to mine- the district was hoping to pass a tax levy in the August elections so they used our poor labs as evidence. Well, the levy passed and now the football fields are being redone with astro turf while my room still sits moldy and non-functional. Elliot Davis from channel 2 news You Paid For It did a story on the turf... the superintendant told him to talk to the board of education. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I'd like to send them some mold samples and let it grow in their cabinets for a few years. :)

Maybe next year. In the meantime, the middle school monsters can destroy my lab stations while I'm on SUMMER VACATION. counting down, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment