Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

Introducing- Kennedy's BIG GIRL room!

Welcome to our big girl's room!  Does this wreath look familiar?  It was one of my first projects of the summer (it doesn't seem that long ago... where did summer go?!?!)  I've been working all summer on getting Kennedy's big girl room finished- and I'M DONE!  well, don't hold me to it.

Anyway, come on in!

remember the curtains I made for the nursery?  I put so much love and time into them, they are never coming down, EVER!  :)  So I wanted to incorporate more purples and pinks and purple and purple into her room, but keep the yellows and greens that were already there.  

Kennedy loves her tree!  I made it with vinyl- I drew a tree on a huge piece of butcher paper as a stencil and then cut it out of the vinyl.  The flowers are via our most amazing Cricut.  (what would I do without it?  I shudder to think about it!)

the flowers are actually 3-dimensional, the petals are coming out of the wall!  I absolutely love the way they turned out!  

Just another angle :)  You can see her toddler bed, which will eventually become a full bed when she's ready.  Insert purple Lindsay butterfly quilt from Pottery Barn here.  But for now she's using the precious baby quilt her Grandma Cleda made for her.  

Oh, I love this little girl's room!

I got some of these ideas from Pinterest, of course!  But as always, I put my own flair to it :)

Love the shadow box idea- buttons for the body of the butterfly!

I made the frame- it has a clip at the top so we can switch out pictures very easily!  And this is one of my favorite pictures of the kids together- it's so sweet!  And I will make them sit on the couch together and look at it when they are fighting... just sayin'

I decided to make the frames all a little different, so Tim helped me "distress" this one.  Butterflies!

 And more butterflies!  These are made from paint chips I stole took from Home Depot


It's hanging on a curtain rod!  When she's a little older, I'll hang a beveled mirror for her, but this is a sweet touch and still looks little girl enough for her :)

These might be my favorite, and I'll keep them forever.  When Jill and Kinley visited earlier this summer we had a painting party and the girls made butterflies with their cute tootsies and hands.  They turned out PRECIOUS!  I'm in love. 

LOVE


I painted this pot and filled it with butterflies and flowers I've been collecting.  They make me think of Kennedy's great-grandmothers who also loved butterflies, and probably would have bought every butterfly they saw for her ;)  (I miss those sweet ladies like you wouldn't believe...)

 And then, I found these cute butterfly mirror decals at Target (woohoo!).  They are the perfect finishing touch!  

I'm sure Miss Kennedy Rae will want to do different things in her room as she gets older, but for now we both love it just the way it is.  And Graham and Daddy both really like it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment