Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Year Ago

Dear Kennedy and Graham,

A year ago we were filled with hope, fear, anticipation and love.  A year ago, I gave myself a shot that hurt my skin but filled my heart, and it started the whole process that gave us you.  A year ago we put all our eggs in one basket- literally!  I walked into the doctor's office and saw the beautiful embryos that would become you.  I have loved you from that moment.  And when we left the doctor's office (me in a wheel chair and on strict bed rest, Daddy driving very carefully) I began the process of growing my two beautiful babies.  My body held you for the first time and I took very good care of you!  We called you Hope and Faith, because that is what it was all about.  We hoped for you like nobody has ever hoped before, and we put all our faith in God and our doctor.  AND THEN THERE WAS YOU!  I will never forget the day I got the news that we were pregnant, and I just KNEW there were two of you. 

Since a year ago we have lived our lives for you.  Because there is nothing better in the whole world for Daddy and me than loving you.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful post! I'll never forget being with Megan & Chris when they got the call:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - what a wonderful letter to the kiddos. You described your feelings so beautifully. I might be "borrowing" portions of it when I write my letter to Markin in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a wonderful mommy and I'm thrilled that I have seen and witnessed what God has done through your love for Graham and Kennedy. They are blessed children and I look forward to watching them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wiping my tears away.. what a beautiful letter to your sweet blessings! They are very lucky to have such great parents!

    ReplyDelete