Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh My GOODNESS!

So today I started a new shot. Follistim is used to stimulate my follicles in my ovaries, so there are multiple follicles (eggs) at the same time. Overall, a good idea since we want to fertilize a bunch at the same time.

The needle was bigger than the other one I'm still giving myself, and I had to inject 300 cc's. That's a LOT!!! It burned the whole time going in, with Tim standing over my shoulder saying "you've got it! Almost there! Just a little more to go!" Thanks, Coach ;) By the time it was done, my whole upper leg burned like I got stung by a bee.

This will continue for another week or so... stay tuned to more interesting and important factoids about this lovely process.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the follistim is hard for you, I had to do mine in my tummy and it wasn't too bad... at least they weren't as bad as the HCG trigger shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that you will totally forget about this in a few months because you'll have babies growing in you.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I have to do those in another week or so... ohh, I'm not looking forward to them at all! :( I tried my tummy on one of them and it hurt worse than my thigh, so thigh it is. It's only for a week, I can do it! It's worth it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete